Date and place:
In April (04.04-11.04.2018) part 2 of the regular JCSS course on Structural Reliability and JCSS Probabilistic Model Code will be held. For more information and registration please contact us (jcss-school(at)matrisk.com).
More information can be found in the flyer.
Topics of the course
- Basic aspects of structural safety, safety formats and partial factors.
- Time Independent Reliability Methods
- Resistance modeling, Probabilistic Model Code (Concrete, Steel, Timber)
- Probabilistic modeling of deterioration.
- Load modeling (e.g. life loads, impact, wind, snow, traffic)
- Code calibration
- Time Dependent System Reliability Methods, random vibrations
- Probabilistic seismic hazard analysis
- Bayesian parameter estimation and reliability analysis under parameter- and model-uncertainties.
- Safety assessment of existing structures
- Robustness analysis of structures
Endorsement and distribution
The following organizations kindly supported us by distributing the flyer
The course is a success, the 26 participants are working hard. They enjoy the course and the social program including a zip-lining event over beautiful Fynbos gorges in the Hottentot Holland Mountain series, an evening on Table Mountain and a safari.